.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The public chronicle of Loloy D's information technology-related life

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Friday. End of another work week. I have been working on HorseRace and PerCh on the side.

This week in HorseRace, I had difficulty in finding a suitable video-playing control for Visual Basic. The standard OLE control wouldn't allow me to play multiple animations on a single form. So I searched for other avenues. I went as far as using the Windows Media Player dynamic-link library (wmp.dll) for my purposes and created a custom UserControl around it. It worked, but the darned program crashed after reusing the controls for quite a while. Damn. Meanwhile, I tried to search the web for some help in using the Sprite control provided by DirectX - in vain. Luckily, I stumbled on some Windows Common Controls SP4, containing an animation control. I tried it and it worked flawlessly, without much of the crashing as I experienced with wmp.dll. So, I rewrote the whole stuff and junked the custom ActiveX UserControl. It hogged my system performance anyway.

In PerCh, I initiated the implementation of probers. Bahhh...